VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. A VPN extends the private network across public networks. By using a VPN, users can send and receive data across public networks. Instead of buying expensive VPN servers, you should try to set up a free VPN server at your home. There are lots of benefits to setting up a free VPN server at your home. First, you will get full control over the data. It means that you don’t need to rely on other networks for the security and safety of the data. You don’t need to pay the monthly charges for the VPN service. You can also protect your website’s traffic. You can set up the free VPN servers at your home in the following ways;
Setting up a free VPN server at your home by using a pre-configured router
There are lots of routers that have the built-in functionality to act as VPN servers. You can use these routers to set up a free VPN server at your home by following these tips;
- First of all, you should open your desired browser in the system.
- In the head of the search bar, you should add the LAN IP address of the router.
- You will have to provide the log in detail for the router. It means that you will have to enter the username and password of the router.
- Now, you will have to go into the settings menu.
- When you will go into the settings menu, you should click on the advanced setting menu. In the advanced setting menu, you should click on the VPN server option.
- Now, you can enable the VPN server in the router.
- After opening the settings menu, you should make sure that your clients are getting access to your website by using the VPN server.
- After making the required changes in the VPN server, you should click on the ‘Apply’ button. After clicking on the ‘Apply’ button, all the changes will be saved.
- After that, you should go into the head of the control panel of the router. By visiting it, you should download the VPN files of the clients.
- Now, you will have to unzip all the configuration files. While configuring files, you should try to copy the files of those clients to whom you want to get access to the VPN server.
- After making these changes, you should not try to directly connect to your home network. For this reason, you should connect to the home network. After connecting to the home network, you should run a test to check the leaks in the home networks.
- After completing this test, you should check the results of this test. If you are satisfied with the results of the test, it is good. Now, you can move forward and connect the VPN server to your home network.
Setting up a free VPN server at home by using the home computer
Sometimes, there is a possibility that your router is not compatible with the firmware. Under such a situation, you can make use of your home computer. Moreover, there is also a possibility that you don’t want to use the router for setting up a VPN server. Before setting up a free VPN server at your home by using a home computer, you should know that it is a skilful task. If you don’t have the necessary skills, you should not use this technique for setting up a VPN server at your home. Moreover, you should also know that if you want to set up a VPN server on your home computer, you will have to turn it on all the time. To set up a free VPN server at your home by using a home computer, you will have to follow the following steps;
- You should turn on your computer. After turning on your computer, you should go into the Settings section. In the Settings section, you should click on the VPN section.
- Now, you will have to alter the firewall settings of your computer. For this reason, you will have to give access to the inbound connections. You should also try to set up the port forwarding.
- You should also download the OpenVPN for windows. After downloading it, you will have to install it. While installing it, you will see that there will appear a box of ‘Choose Components’. When this box appears, you should click on EasyRSA. This is the best tool to create the certificate authorities for your VPN server.
- Now, you will have to install the TAP drivers. To install the TAP drivers, you will have to follow the prompts.
- After that, you will have to generate the VP server certificate and certificate authority. You can easily generate it just by configuring EasyRSA.
- Now, you will have to generate a certificate for the VPN clients. After generating the certificate for the VPN clients, you will have to configure files for the VPN server.
- By using the configuration files, it is easy for the users to configure each VPN client.
- Now, you will have to check the VPN server. You can easily check the VPN server by using the VPN client device.
- You should configure the VPN server directly. For this reason, you will have to run the test.
- If you are satisfied with the results of the test, you can use it for the clients. If you are not satisfied with its results, you will have to remove the detected errors.
You can also set up a free server at your home by using a router with DD-WRT support. This is known as the best router to set up a free VPN server at your home. Setting up a free VPN server at your home is no easy task. If you don’t like to set up a free VPN server at your home, you can use its alternative. For this reason, you can set up your VPN server elsewhere. The web hosting provider is the best choice for you. You can also set up an existing VPN on a router.
This article is provided by the academic paper UK. Where you can find the dissertation, essay writing, and assignment help online.
Apart from that if you want to know about Benefits of Solar Panels then please visit our Education category