Whether you’re a homemaker or someone who works a 9-5 job, the first thing that comes to your mind is probably the comfort you’ll find when you get into your jammies. The truth is that since the pandemic, everyone has become so used to working from home that all we want to do is to get out of formal clothes and get into comfortable nightwear. Even though night suits are casual, this doesn’t mean you compromise on their quality.
Contrary to what you might believe, shopping for nightwear may not be as easy as you imagine. There are several things you need to be looking for if you want to ensure the perfect relaxing ensemble. We have curated a list of things you must consider when buying the best night suit.
Tip #1: Fabric Is Everything
While the material is crucial when buying any clothing, it is all the more critical when purchasing loungewear. The most common fabrics for woman’s nightwear are cotton and silk. However, others are available, too, like polyester, nylon, lace, spandex, etc.. All these fabrics have pros and cons, so you should pick something suitable. Here are some features you should be looking out for.
- Ensure you aren’t allergic to the material
- Some materials don’t absorb sweat and may not be suitable for warmer months
- Some fabrics like silk are expensive and heavy on the pocket
- Quite a few materials, such as nylon and lace, are prone to pilling
Tip #2: Choose Your Style
Once you have decided on your fabric, you need to pick out the perfect style for you. While you can decide on different styles, it is best to choose what makes you feel comfortable. There are various night suits in Pakistan, but the pajama set is the most common. Others that women go for are nightgowns, full suits, long shirts, shorts set, or capri sets. Remember, at the end of the day, all that matters is the style you’re most comfortable with. Experts recommend trying out different styles so you know what you like.
Tips #3: Let Loose
We all know night suits need to be loose and not fitted in any way. However, does this mean you should choose baggy and unflattering garments? No, absolutely not! While nightwear needs to be comfortable to relax, it is crucial that you don’t look like the jammies have swallowed you whole! Moreover, don’t pick out night suits that stick to your body and irritate your skin.
Tip #4: Print or No Print
When it comes to night dresses or pajama sets, you are free to decide whether or not you want something printed or solid. Whatever you choose, make sure it’s not uncomfortable. Also, some colors are associated with sleep, while others are more vibrant and meant to keep you alert. For instance, while blue is considered the most effective in inducing sleep, yellow and green are also calm and relaxing colors.
Tip #5: Stay Away from Detailing
One of the worst mistakes you can make when purchasing a night dress or set is to pick out something with embroidery or detailing on it. Remember that since the night suit’s purpose is to make you comfortable and relaxed, you shouldn’t wear something that pokes your skin or irritates it. Experts recommend that while embossed shirts with something quirky written or drawn on them are fine, you shouldn’t buy anything with a lot of detail.
Tip #6: Care Needed
The last thing you want to do is to spend money on buying a night suit that requires high maintenance. With our hectic lives and schedules, you don’t have time to look at the laundry tag of all your nightwear. So, whether you’re buying cotton or silk, make sure it doesn’t require a lot of effort, like dry cleaning, etc.
Bonus Tip: Relax Like a Pro
Ultimately, all we want to do is to wear our jammies and relax so we can shed the weight of the entire day off our shoulders. But is there anything else that can help you achieve that Zen state? Well, there are plenty of ways! We’ve listed as many as we thought you need to keep calm and chill, so use them as much as you like.
- Take a soothing warm shower or indulge yourself with a soak in the tub with your favorite bath salts.
- Drink a cup of warm tea like chamomile or green with a dash of honey to calm your mind.
- Stay true to your nighttime skin routine, and wear a refreshing mask before you sleep. Remember that dermatologists say the best time to put serums or moisturizers on is during the night because the skin is repairing itself at that time.
- Make sure you’re keeping yourself away from screens and devices at least half an hour before you head to bed so they don’t interfere with your sleep schedule.
- Experts recommend that some techniques such as meditating, mindfulness, listening to calming podcasts, and reading a book help you fall asleep faster. So, try those if you find yourself not being able to sleep even with your comfortable pajamas.
So now that you have a complete guide on picking out the best and most comfortable nightwear, what are you waiting for? Head out to the nearest mall, or better yet, visit a trustworthy female clothing brand and pick out night suits from the comfort of your own home. Remember, don’t forget to follow at least a couple of those great bonus tips and tricks we mentioned right at the end! Best of luck for your hunt!